Sunday, August 20, 2006

Movement

Well, things are looking up, there seems to be some sort of sanity returning to life, and while it'd be exaggerating to say that everything's peachy, there does seem to be a bit more light about than there was a few weeks ago. I guess sometimes you have to hit a wall before you can move on.

No recent diary pieces to post, but for once indolence has no part to play in this... I've been working on this piece for viola, and the ideas are flowing freely for once. I have a very good feeling about it.

I went on a 3-hour bike ride yesterday. Now, I'd expect to feel sore after that, what with not having ridden a bike regularly for about 20 years and being generally out of shape, but what I didn't expect was that the tendons in my hands would be so affected. I was barely able to turn the key in my front door when I got home, and had a lot of trouble wielding a knife when cooking my tea, and even today I'm having trouble with things like writing (and typing, come to that). It must be because I've been gripping the handlebars too tight for too long. It's bloody annoying.

No comments: