Monday, November 12, 2007

Catherine Kontz

I met the composer Catherine Kontz today*, she was delivering a score to the place where I work. It was very big and colourful, and cheered me up, so I thought I'd plug her website and her MySpaz. And now I have.

(Of course, it being essentially a graphic score, some of the people I work with scoffed at it. How sad it must be to live a life of such narrow horizons. I thought it was a marvellous, imaginative thing.)

* Regular readers may be surprised at the idea of two composers meeting without blood being spilt. I should point out that for the purposes of this encounter, I was in a non-composing capacity.

4 comments:

Cheerful One said...

Gosh, I never knew such exciting things existed: they seem to me to be as much art as music.

Coo.

Lucia said...

I love her website design. Yum!

petemaskreplica said...

Yes, it is rather good, isn't it?

I've updated the post with a photo of the score. The size of the page is A1 (!)

Graphic scores are a fascinating thing, I should do a post about them at some point.

Lucia said...

Ha ha, I'd know that manky old stained carpet anywhere!