Thursday, February 21, 2008

The extraordinary continuing non-shitness of Torchwood

I mean, it's all nonsense, of course, but it's now watchable nonsense. And who couldn't love seeing Jim Robinson Out Of Neighbours turn to Evil Science Beyond His Control before killing Owen to DEATH? And Martha too! Who even managed to get through the episode without shagging any of them! Which must be a first in the 'wood.

I hope Scott and Charlene are hanging their heads in shame, that their rebellious shenanigans drove poor old Jim to this.

7 comments:

Cheerful One said...

Not that I would watch Torchwood Declassified, because if I did that'd be like admitting I'm a very sad person, but if I did...I'd probably be most amused by Burn Gorman saying 'What a way to go: shot by Jim from Neighbours!'

Heh :)

Erin said...

I love Burn Gorman. I can't help it.

Even though he sometimes resembles a frog.

petemaskreplica said...

I hope you enjoy the picture of Burn the wide-mouthed frog I've added to the post.

The Defeatist thoroughly recommends Behind The Sofa as a source of entertaining discussion of all things Who-y and Torchwood-y.

Erin said...

Hahaha, nice frog picture.

Cheerful One said...

Ah, the wide mouthed frog joke: There's a classic.

I like Burn Gorman too. I liked him best in a top hat, which is a bit disturbing.

petemaskreplica said...

What, like a monkey?

Cheerful One said...

I have got a half memory of a frog in a hat picture. Perhaps it was Toad of Toad Hall, though for some reason I associate it with a cigarette advert. Hmmm

Still; luckily Burn isn't green, because then it'd all be too much.