Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday link-o-rama

It's time for one of those posts you do when you can't think of anything interesting to say!


There's a wonderful tribute to Bo Diddley in today's Grauniad by John Moore.


Top violinist and David Badiel lookalike Leonidas Kavakos interviewed.
EMI's shameless cash-in Best of Radiohead CD given the kicking it so richly deserves.


His Bobness has an art exhibition opening next week.


I'm writing programme notes for this concert at the moment, and I must admit I'm struggling to find interesting things to say about some of the music -which is no reflection on the music itself, I hasten to add. I adore Dvořák, it's just tricky to find an angle on him that isn't the usual boring rubbish you read in programmes. But I'll get there.

2 comments:

Can Bass 1 said...

I'll give you an angel on Dvorak - the blighter murdered his mother! (Or was that Janacek?) Anyway, he isn't English!

petemaskreplica said...

Dvořák a murderer?? It hardly seems possible. I hope you have evidence to back up this outrageous slur.

Janáček's another matter, although I'd have thought he'd have been too busy chasing jailbait to do murdering.