I keep an A5 sketchbook with me pretty much all of the time, and that's where I generally put these diary pieces, along with sketches for larger ideas. Up til now I've written out the entries nice and neat to post here, as the handwriting in the book can get pretty scratchy, (depending what kind of state I'm in at the time...) but today I thought I'd scan the latest efforts straight from the book, see how it comes out.
So far most of these things seem to come out as slow pieces, although I've tried not to indicate speeds etc too much, to leave plenty of leeway. Today's piece is unusual - the way I've notated it suggests a slow tempo maybe, but I actually imagined it reasonably fast as I was writing it. There's no reason it should go one way rather than the other, though.

Monday, August 01, 2005
To speed or not to speed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment