Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sound vs. Noise (4)

Regular readers will be aware of the constant stream of verbal diarrhea that plagues my working hours. Just because I haven't mentioned it recently, don't imagine that it's gone. Oh no. A long weekend is of course a very pleasant and welcome thing, but it leads to a heavier heart when you have to haul yourself out of bed on Tuesday morning to go to work, and even the prospect of a 4 day week can't quite lift the spirits. The mood is as grey and dark as the sky, and the babbling that assaults the ear seems to ricochet around the skull. Meanwhile, the seconds, minutes, hours slip away, and stifle the ideas and thoughts that are, or might be. The clouds stretch across the whole sky, imposing and oppressing, and the light feebly scratches through.

3 comments:

Cheerful One said...

I've looked at clouds from both sides, now
from up and down and still somehow
it's clouds illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

(alternatively: That cloud: looks like Ireland!)

x

Anonymous said...

but now they only block the sun
they rain and snow on everyone
so many things I would have done
but clouds got in my way.

petemaskreplica said...

All good dreamers pass this way some day.