Wednesday, February 28, 2007

First (and not last, I hope) performance

Well, in the end the concert went off really well, lots of people said nice things about my piece, and they can't all have been being just polite, can they? I think the real credit should go to Toby, for putting together a really good programme and playing it so beautifully. I've been listening to the recording I made, and it still sounds good the day after - not always the case with recordings...

Thanks to everyone who came along. We have an idle plan to do the concert in Paris, so if that ever actually happens, it'll be a great excuse for you to have a weekend over the channel.

3 comments:

Erin said...

It was lovely, I'm glad I managed to get there.

Lucia said...

I'm very impressed. I'm glad I was able to listen to the CD.

petemaskreplica said...

Thanks! It's very gratifying how well it seems to have gone down, both with those who were there and those who've heard the recording. You can tell the compliments are honest, because they tend to be delivered with an inflection of slight surprise in the voice :p