Monday, February 19, 2007

A journey begins with a single step

I did something I haven't done for a very long time today: picked up a copy of the Guardian and had a look at the job pages. it's the result of a lot of thinking over recent weeks, especially last week when I was laid up sick, and actually feeling glad about it because it meant I wasn't at work. the job's become a terrible combination of boredom and stress, and I increasingly feel like I don't belong, and I'm wasting my time when I'm there.

I have a disadvantage that I don't really have any idea of what I'd like to do instead, but sometimes you reach a point where you need to shake things up, and I think that time is coming.

I had a lovely weekend in Devon, and standing on a beach in grey winter felt like a little glimpse of freedom.

4 comments:

Day in bed said...

Life's too short to be bored, stressed and feeling like you don't belong. Maybe take some time out to find what you'd like to do next...

petemaskreplica said...

Indeed! My main problem, however, is that I have No Career Ambition Whatsoever, and my ideal job would be Being Rich Enough Not To Need A Job.

I think you reach a point where the question of what you do is less relevant than the need to do it in a fresh context.

Julia Buckley said...

Like the pic - very atmospheric

petemaskreplica said...

Thanks! It didn't come out bad considering it was taken on a crappy camera phone.